Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Moving On

For the last two years, I've been spending two weeks a month in Ottawa, two weeks in London, and hundreds of hours driving back and forth on the Highway 401. The long hours stuck in my car gave me plenty of time to mull over the climbing trips I'd take when my contract ended. The more time I spent stuck in traffic, the more elaborate my climbing trip daydreams became, until, with a little help from Jason, plans to spend a week down in the Red evolved into this grand trek across North America.

Today, I made the drive back to London for the last time. After two years, I'm definitely a little sad to be leaving Ottawa, but very stoked about the upcoming adventure. Thanks to everyone who made the last couple of years so memorable. I'll miss you. As for you, Highway 401, I won't miss you at all. There are new roads to travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment